Carbon Fiber Packing for Pumps & Valves
Carbon fiber packing is a high performance compression packing solution for pumps and valves used in high temperature applications. Delmar Company offers carbon fiber compression packing materials from the industry’s leading manufacturers, and we will work with you to find the best option for your unique needs.
The Right Carbon Packing for Your Application
Carbon compression packing is made from interwoven strands of carbon fiber or carbon fiber-coated yarn. The higher the carbon purity, the greater the temperature and chemical resistance of the resultant packing. All our carbon fiber compression packing options provide reliable leakage control, along with exceptional durability, versatility, and long service life, even in the most challenging applications.
We use a series of questions, which we call STAMPS, to ensure that you get the best and most effective carbon fiber packing for your needs. Please keep the following questions in mind when specifying carbon compression packing for your pump or valve application:
- S: Size of the pump or valve opening to be sealed
- T: Temperature range in which the compression packing will be used
- A: Application—is it a valve? a rotary pump? a centrifugal pump? etc.
- M: Media—what must the compression packing prevent from leaking?
- P: Pressure range in which the packing will be used
- S: Speed the compression packing must withstand—high RPMs, centrifugal motion, etc.
If you’re looking for carbon packing from a specific manufacturer, please let us know and we will do our best to find the right product for your needs from your preferred manufacturer.
We offer carbon fiber compression packing in a range of standard sizes to fit most any application. However, if our standard carbon fiber packing doesn’t fit the needs of your application, we can, in many cases, work with manufacturers to produce custom carbon packing that meets your requirements.