Precision Machining Materials
With our CNC milling, CNC routing, and CNC turning capabilities, Delmar Company produces high quality, high precision parts for all industries and applications. Add in our array of fabrication processes, and we can deliver complete or near-complete components and products that match our customers’ exact design specifications.
We work with a variety of materials, from engineered plastics to aluminum. We will work with you to find the right material for your unique application and performance requirements. Materials we work with include, but are not limited to:
- PVC: This very dense, very hard thermoplastic polymer with a wide range of uses, from plumbing to automobile manufacturing. It exhibits excellent mechanical properties that make it easy to machine to tight tolerances, and high chemical resistance that makes it ideal for challenging applications.
- HDPE: Exhibiting a very favorable strength-to-weight ratio, high density polyethylene (HDPE) is used to make everything from composite lumber to medical implants. HDPE’s strength, light weight, and long life characteristics make it a popular replacement for heavier materials in many applications.
- Polypropylene: The second-most commonly used synthetic plastic, polypropylene is a versatile material with excellent elasticity and toughness. Polypropylene is a low density material, and offers a slippery, low friction surface that makes it perfect for gears and similar components.
- Acrylics: A family of thermoplastics/thermosetting plastics, acrylic resins provide exceptional durability and hardness, as well as excellent optical transparency, making them an effective substitute for glass. Acrylics are highly resistant to abrasion, corrosion, and many chemicals.
- Polycarbonate: The polycarbonate group of thermoplastic polymers offers an ideal balance of beneficial characteristics. Extremely durable, with outstanding impact and heat resistance, polycarbonate can withstand considerable plastic deformation without cracking or breaking.
- Delrin®/Acetal: Known for its high stiffness, low friction, and excellent dimensional stability, acetal is ideal for high-load mechanical applications. Acetal’s unique balance of characteristics allows it to bridge the gap between plastics and metals. Delrin® is DuPont™’s proprietary acetal formula.
- ABS: This versatile, widely used thermoplastic polymer is known for its toughness, strength, and impact resistance. Used in everything from automobile manufacturing to medical devices to household and consumer goods, ABS is easy to machine into nearly any shape.
Other materials available upon request. Contact us to discuss your material requirements.