Graphite Packing for Pumps & Valves
Graphite compression packing is ideal for use in applications where extremely high temperature and/or pressure is common. Delmar Company offers a variety of graphite packing materials for pumps and valves used in these demanding environments. We stock graphite compression packing from top manufacturers, and will work with you to find the best option for your needs.
The Right Graphite Packing for Your Application
There are two manufacturing methods for graphite packing: 1) standard compression packing is dipped in graphite material after braiding; or, 2) the compression packing itself is made from special graphite fiber/filament-reinforced yarn. Both styles of graphite packing provide reliable leakage control in challenging applications and exhibit the same beneficial characteristics, including:
- High tensile strength
- Good thermal conductivity with excellent heat dissipation
- Low friction properties
- High chemical resistance
- Excellent durability
To ensure that you get the right graphite compression packing for your specific application, we use a series of questions, which we call STAMPS, to determine exactly what you need. Please keep the following questions in mind when specifying graphite packing for your pump or valve application:
- S: Size of the pump or valve opening to be sealed
- T: Temperature range the compression packing will be used in
- A: Application—is it a rotary pump? a centrifugal pump? a valve? etc.
- M: Media—what must the compression packing prevent from leaking?
- P: Pressure range the packing will be used in
- S: Speed the compression packing must withstand—centrifugal motion, high RPMs, etc.
If you want or need graphite packing from a specific manufacturer, please let us know and we will do our best to find the right product for your needs from your preferred manufacturer.
We offer graphite compression packing in a range of standard sizes to fit most any application. However, if none of our standard graphite packing products fit your application, we can, in many cases, work with manufacturers to produce custom compression packing that meets your requirements.